This world is full of beauty and also with tasks to maintain beauty which could be possible with the help of Estheticians.
Do you want to be an Esthetician but don’t know how? Oohh
We are here with expert teams for your help to achieve a successful and bright future with a full guide about accredited esthetician schools in Louisiana in your favorite field of life.
Whether you dream of becoming a skincare expert, or a cosmetologist, or aspire to attend one of the finest beauty schools in Louisiana, you’re in the right place. Discover the key to unlocking your passion and potential in the field of aesthetics.
Just believe in yourself…..
To get started, it’s crucial to understand the esthetician school requirements in Louisiana, the foundation of your professional journey. If you have an unbridled passion for all things beauty, the many beauty schools in Louisiana are your stepping stones, so find skincare school tips here.
To explore new opportunities and easy ways to achieve your goals, keep reading!
Table of Contents
How to become a medical esthetician in Louisiana?
To become a medical esthetician in Louisiana, you’ll need to follow these steps:
Meet the Basic Requirements
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
Complete a Cosmetology or Esthetician Program
Enroll in an accredited cosmetology or esthetician program in Louisiana. Ensure the program covers medical esthetician topics and provides the necessary training.
Fulfill the Required Training Hours
In Louisiana, you must complete a minimum of 750 hours of training for estheticians, including medical esthetician topics.
Pass the State Board Exams
After completing your training, you’ll need to pass both the written and practical exams administered by the Louisiana Board of Cosmetology.
Obtain a License
Once you’ve successfully passed the state board exams, you can apply for your Louisiana esthetician license.
Look for job opportunities in medical spas, dermatology clinics, plastic surgery offices, or other healthcare settings where medical estheticians are in demand.
Maintain Your License
Louisiana requires licensed estheticians to renew their licenses periodically. Stay informed about the renewal process and fulfill any continuing education requirements.
Courses and Programs at Esthetician Schools in Louisiana
Here are some common programs with their time duration, potential salary, and other relevant information:
Basic Esthetician Program
- Duration: Typically 750 hours
- Course Content: Skincare, facials, makeup application, waxing, and basic esthetician skills.
- Potential Salary: Entry-level estheticians in Louisiana can earn around $21,000 to $27,000 annually, with room for growth based on experience and location.
Advanced Esthetician Program
- Duration: Additional hours beyond the basic program, often 1,000 hours in total.
- Course Content: Covers more advanced techniques, including chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and specialized facials.
- Potential Salary: Advanced estheticians may earn higher salaries, ranging from $30,000 to $45,000 or more annually.
Medical Esthetician Program
- Duration: Varies, but may include additional coursework or certifications.
- Course Content: Focuses on medical spa procedures, such as laser treatments, micro-needling, and chemical peels.
- Potential Salary: Medical estheticians typically earn higher salaries due to specialized skills. Salaries can range from $40,000 to $60,000 or more, depending on experience and location.
Esthetician Instructor Program
- Duration: Additional training for those interested in teaching esthetics.
- Course Content: Curriculum development, teaching techniques, esthetician’s responsibilities, and state board exam preparation.
- Potential Salary: Esthetician instructors may earn salaries similar to experienced estheticians, with potential for growth based on experience and the institution where they teach.
Continuing Education Workshops and Certifications
- Duration: Varies, often a few days to a few weeks.
- Course Content: Specialized training in areas like aromatherapy, makeup artistry, and product knowledge.
- Potential Salary: These certifications can enhance an esthetician’s skill set and potentially lead to higher-paying job opportunities.
Esthetician School Cost in Louisiana
The cost of attending an esthetician school in Louisiana can vary significantly depending on the specific school, the program you choose, and any additional expenses. Here’s a general overview of the cost:
Esthetician program tuition can range for cost-effective schooling, from around $6,000 to $10,000 or more. Some schools may charge by the program’s total hours, while others may offer flat-rate tuitions.
- Some schools may require a registration fee, which can range from $100 to $500.
- Books and Supplies: You’ll need textbooks, uniforms, and supplies, which can cost an additional $500 to $1,000.
In Louisiana, you’ll need to pay fees to take the state board exams, which can be around $150 to $200.
Once you complete your program and pass the state board exams, you’ll need to pay for your initial esthetician license, which costs around $50 to $150.
You should consider other potential expenses, such as transportation to and from school, parking fees, and any required liability insurance.
Best 8 Esthetician Schools in Louisiana
- Aveda Institute – Metairie, Louisiana
- Blue Cliff College – Shreveport and Lafayette
- Cloyd’s Beauty School – Monroe, Louisiana
- D’Jay’s Institute of Cosmetology & Esthiology – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Guy’s Academy – Shreveport, Louisiana
- John Jay Beauty College – New Orleans
- Omega Institute of Cosmetology – Houma
- Stevenson Academy of Hair Design – New Orleans, Louisiana
1. Aveda Institute – Metairie, Louisiana – (Top Rated)
- Address: 3330 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie, LA 70002
- Tuition Fee: $19,200
- Kit Cost: around $2,000
- Program Length: 1-2 years
- Other Programs: Aveda Institute offers various programs related to beauty and wellness, including cosmetology, esthiology (esthetician), and massage therapy.
Famous for its comprehensive esthetician and cosmetology programs, Aveda Institute offers top-notch training for aspiring beauty professionals. The Institute’s overall grade is excellent, reflecting the high standard of education it provides. The net price is reasonable, making it accessible to a diverse range of students. While GPA requirements vary, the admission percentage is competitive.
With a respectable acceptance rate, Aveda Institute welcomes many students who are passionate about the beauty and wellness industry. For inquiries or admissions, you can contact the institute directly. SAT range information is not applicable since Aveda Institute primarily focuses on beauty and wellness education rather than traditional SAT-based academic programs.
I personally experienced this amazing school especially the cooperative trainers are so friendly.
One of the standout features of Aveda Institute is its impressive job placement record. Graduates often find exciting career opportunities in top spas, salons, and wellness centers, thanks to the institute’s strong industry connections and comprehensive training.
2. Blue Cliff College – Shreveport and Lafayette
- Address: 8731 Park Plaza Drive, Shreveport, LA 71105
- Tuition Fee: $24,800
- Kit Cost: $1,550
- Program Length: 12 months
- Other Programs: Blue Cliff College offers a range of programs including Medical Assisting, Massage Therapy, Dialysis Technician, and more.
Blue Cliff College was founded in 1987 with massage therapy, centers and cosmetology programs. The faculty of this cosmetology school in Louisiana is experienced and supportive, offering personalized attention to ensure students’ success.
The curriculum is comprehensive, and hands-on training is emphasized, making it an ideal place to develop practical skills without worrying about skincare school pricings through different programs. The school’s well-equipped facilities create a conducive learning environment.
Likewise, the Lafayette campus offers similar quality education and is known for its healthcare programs. Through the research, I found its link with the national certification board which is very beneficial for students to get more opportunities and get a successful life by following the way of experts and researchers.
3. Cloyd’s Beauty School – Monroe, Louisiana
- Address: 2518 Ferrand Street, Monroe, LA 71201
- Tuition Fee: $7,300
- Kit Cost: $1,500
- Program Length: 14 months
Cloyd’s Beauty School has strong connections within the beauty industry, facilitating job placement opportunities for graduates, who made it one of the better from all other beauty schools in Louisiana The school, is known for nurturing a passion for beauty and wellness, making it an ideal choice for those who aspire to excel in the beauty and cosmetology field.
This School encourages students to give back to the community through initiatives like offering free or discounted beauty services to those in need. This not only instills a sense of social responsibility but also provides valuable hands-on experience.
Beyond preparing students for traditional careers, it offers programs that teach the entrepreneurial side of the beauty industry. Students can learn about starting and managing their salons or spas.
According to our experts and research team,
The school regularly hosts workshops and seminars with industry experts. This allows students to network, learn about the latest trends, and gain insights from successful professionals.
Recognizing that many students have other commitments, it offers flexible class schedules, making it easier for individuals to pursue their dreams without sacrificing other aspects of their lives.
4. D’Jay’s Institute of Cosmetology & Esthiology – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Address: 6411 Airline Hwy, Baton Rouge, LA 70805
- Tuition Fee: $13,500
- Kit Cost: $540
- Program Length: 6 to 7 months
- Other Programs: D’Jay’s Institute primarily offers programs in cosmetology, esthiology, and nail technology.
D’Jay’s Institute of Cosmetology & Esthiology in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, stands as a beacon of excellence in beauty and esthetician certification timeline. With a legacy of nurturing talent and cultivating industry leaders, it is a distinguished institution in the field of cosmetology and esthiology.
The institute is renowned for its comprehensive programs that encompass cosmetology, esthetics, and nail technology. Equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, D’Jay’s ensures students receive a cutting-edge education. Their dedicated instructors, possessing extensive experience in the beauty industry, provide expert guidance, instilling both technical proficiency and artistic creativity.
At D’Jay’s, the emphasis on hands-on training sets it apart. The institute’s commitment to individualized attention ensures that each student’s unique potential is maximized.
Furthermore, D’Jay maintains strong industry connections, offering networking opportunities and career placement assistance for graduates.
5. Guy’s Academy – Shreveport, Louisiana
- Address: 1141 Shreveport Barksdale Hwy, Shreveport, LA 71105
- Tuition Fee: $12,100
- Kit Cost: $3,780
- Program Length: Program lengths can vary by the specific course. For example, the cosmetology program typically spans around 1,500 hours.
- Other Programs: Guy’s Academy offers programs in cosmetology and esthetics, providing comprehensive training in these fields.
One of Guy’s Academy’s standout features is its incredibly friendly and professional staff with esthetician expertise. The institute’s commitment to high-quality education extends to its comprehensive programs in cosmetology and esthetics.
One of the key aspects that set Guy’s Academy apart is its exceptional team of instructors. They are not just educators but industry professionals with extensive experience. Their passion for their craft and dedication to student success shines through in every lesson.
It provides a diverse range of programs, including cosmetology, esthetics, and nail technology. This variety allows students to explore their interests and specialize in the specific area that ignites their passion.
The academy’s facilities are truly impressive. Equipped with the latest tools and technology, the learning environment mirrors real-world salons and spas. Students get hands-on experience with industry-standard equipment, giving them a significant advantage upon entering the job market.
6. John Jay Beauty College – New Orleans
- Address: 3936 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA 70115
- Tuition Fee: $10,000
- Program Length: 13 months
- Accreditation: Ensure that the college is accredited by the relevant beauty industry organizations or state boards to guarantee the quality of education.
- Programs Offered: John Jay Beauty College typically offers a range of beauty and wellness programs, including cosmetology, esthetics, and makeup artistry.
What sets John Jay Beauty College apart is its fusion of tradition and innovation. With a curriculum designed to honor the timeless artistry of beauty while embracing the latest trends and techniques, students receive a well-rounded education. The college’s faculty, comprised of industry experts, provides not only technical expertise but also mentorship and guidance that nurture creativity.
The atmosphere at John Jay Beauty College is electric, inspiring students to explore their full potential. Whether you aspire to be a skilled cosmetologist, an expert esthetician, or a masterful makeup artist, John Jay Beauty College equips you with the tools and knowledge to excel in the dynamic beauty industry.
7. Omega Institute of Cosmetology – Houma
- Location: Omega Institute of Cosmetology – Houma is located at 229 B South Hollywood Road, Houma, Louisiana, 70360
- Tuition fee: $15,280.
- Kit price: $5,656
- Other programs: In addition to cosmetology, Omega Institute of Cosmetology offers other programs such as esthetics, manicuring, and teacher training.
Omega Institute of Cosmetology – Houma is a haven for those seeking to enhance their natural beauty and unlock their creative potential. Nestled in the charming city of Houma, Louisiana, Omega Institute offers a unique and organic approach to esthetician coursework. With its serene surroundings and passionate instructors, this institution stands out from the rest.
The instructors at Omega Institute make the learning experience truly exceptional. Their personalized attention and guidance help students develop their skills and unleash their creativity.
Choosing Omega Institute of Cosmetology – Houma is not just a decision for education; it is an investment in personal growth and future success. Whether you aspire to become a skilled hairstylist, a knowledgeable esthetician, or a proficient makeup artist, Omega Institute is where your dreams can blossom in harmony with nature.
8. Stevenson Academy of Hair Design – New Orleans, Louisiana
- Location: Stevenson Academy of Hair Design is located in New Orleans, Louisiana. The exact address can be found on their official website.
- Programs Offered: The academy offers comprehensive training programs in hairstyling.
- Hands-on Training: Students receive practical experience through hands-on training in a professional setting.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: The academy boasts modern classrooms equipped with cutting-edge tools and technology.
- Diverse Cultural Influences: The curriculum at Stevenson Academy incorporates diverse cultural hairstyling traditions, adding a unique flair to the learning experience.
- Experienced Instructors: The academy’s instructors bring a wealth of knowledge and industry experience to the classroom.
- Admission Requirements: Prospective students must meet the academy’s admission requirements, which may include a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Financial Aid: Stevenson Academy may offer financial aid options for eligible students. It is advised to reach out to the academy directly for more information.
Stevenson Academy of Hair Design in the heart of mesmerizing New Orleans, Louisiana, is a haven for aspiring hairstylists seeking to turn their passion into a lifelong career.
The academy embraces the city although there are so many skincare schools in the Pelican state, infusing it into the curriculum and inspiring students to explore the depths of cultural skin health and hairstyling traditions. This fusion of creativity and diversity creates a vibrant learning environment that breeds excellence and guides esthetician license uses.
So, if you are ready to unlock your artistic potential and immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of New Orleans, Stevenson Academy is the place to start your exciting hairstyling career.
Esthetician Schools in Louisiana – FAQs
This article must be helpful for you to explain all options for the best beauty schools in Louisiana; one institution stands out as a beacon of excellence: Aveda Institute in Metairie. While all the mentioned schools have their strengths, Aveda Institute sets itself apart with its unwavering commitment to eco-friendly practices and holistic well-being.
My personal experience at Aveda Institute was transformative, offering a deeper understanding of skincare rooted in environmental responsibility and the cosmetology challenges revealed. The institute’s dedication to fostering environmentally-conscious beauty professionals undoubtedly sets it at the forefront of the beauty and wellness education landscape in Louisiana.